Friday, January 28, 2011

My Primal Blueprint Experiment - Week 1

So week 1 of my primal experiment has gone by and the results are less than spectacular but not terribly unexpected.

First, what did I do differently this week. Well, I ate berries 3 or 4 times. With some home made whipped cream sweetened with a drop or two of Stevia. I'd argue that stevia could be considered primal because it is an extract of a natural plant that has been used for a long time in South America to sweeten things. I also tried to do primal workouts. I was more successful getting in the low intensity cardio and I did do one 'lift heavy things' workout that felt great but as the week progressed, I wasn't feeling so good. I had some headaches and my face felt very hot. Either I am getting a bit of the induction flu or am fighting a real one. Anyway as per the primal blueprint, I listened to my body and rested more than getting in the activity. Oh and one other thing, I made an effort to get more sunlight, although with the winter weather, it means my face is the only part of my body exposed, but at least it's something.

And the results? Well, according to the scale and body fat measures, not much changed. I weight in between 212.4 and 213.2 and my body fat was between 24.4 and 24.9%. So pretty much within the margin of error for the measuring equipment I have. with the small increase in weight and the small decrease in body fat, it may be that things have shifted a titch but who knows.

So this week I'm adding a small change. I am going to diligently enter my intake into dailyburn.com (I use this instead of fit day because of the iPhone app that you can use as well as the website. I originally thought to try to eat the same as I have this week but I know myself and if I'm entering the food, my consumption will change. Anyway, I'm going to see what I eat in a normal week and see where the carbs and calories are, not to mention the protein. That may give me some clues as to why things are not moving. I'm also going to try and exercise as I intended to this week and see what happens.

Anyway, that's week 1. I have a couple other blog posts in my head and while I'm here at Starbucks with my coffee and laptop (shit, I'm now one of 'those' guys) I might as well get those down too...

No comments:

Post a Comment