Friday, October 1, 2010

Why am I blogging

Why am I blogging? Because every now and then something out there just drives me up a wall and even though it is likely nobody cares, I have to get it off my chest.

For example, today I read about how the US experimented on people in Guatemala by injecting them with syphillis and gonorrhea and encouraging them to spread the disease (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39456324/ns/health-sexual_health/).

What really has become my passion lately has been diet, nutrition and health. I have been on a quest to lose weight for about 7 years now. In 2003 I lost 80 pounds and kept most of it off. I am now down almost 90 pounds from where I started and figure I have about 15 to go. The thing that really bugs me lately is the completely misleading, erroneous and dangerous advice that comes out of the mainstream in terms of losing weight. The normal advice is eat less and exercise usually expanded to add the avoidance of fat.

This advice is frankly incorrect for most people, and dangerous.

Anyway, I don't have time to rant about this now but soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment