Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tabata and Intermittent Fast

Just a quick update. Last night I did my first Tabata workout. I chose to do thrusters, mostly because I wanted to do something resistance based rather than running or something more cardio. I was able to complete 5 and a half 20 second intervals with a 10 second break in between for a total of 2 minutes 40 seconds of workout. I warmed up with 5 minutes on the treadmill walking and finished off my workout with another 42 minutes or so (the length of an episode of V).

A couple interesting things:

  1. It's amazing how a 2 minute 40 second tabata workout can really work you. 
  2. I walked very slowly on the treadmill because my heart rate stayed high for a while.
Also wanted to mention that I'm doing a 24 hour fast today. I finished eating dinner a little after 7 last night and will not eat again until dinner tonight. I'm slightly hungry but not bad. I am finding the desire to eat is mostly coming from boredom and routine. It's 11:46 and normally I would have had my lunch by now. 

I'm hoping that adding IF to my routine will help me break through my plateau. Just another thing to look at in my experiment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment